MyBB and MyBBPlus Common Installation Instructions
Quick and easy steps to get you up and running
These steps are by no means exhaustive or as detailed as possible. If you require more detailed installation instructions, please see MyBB Docs - Installing.
- Unzip the release archive to your computer using an archive utility capable of decompressing the download format you chose (WinZip, WinRAR)
- Using an FTP client (FlashFXP, FileZilla, SmartFTP), or a file manager provided with your hosting package, upload the entire contents of the "Upload" directory to a visible directory on your web server (for example, forum or forums).
- CHMOD the following files to 666 (ie, make sure that PHP can write to them).config.default.php to config.php first)
./inc/languages/*your_language*/*all files* (optional)
./inc/languages/*your_language*/admin/*all files* (optional)
CHMOD the following folders to 777 (ie, make sure that PHP can write to and execute from them).
- In your browser, visit the URL where you installed your forums, appending /install/ on to the end of it.
If you installed your forums to http://www.yoursite.com/forums/ then you would visit http://www.yoursite.com/forums/install/.
- Please follow the installation wizard through, making sure you have the following details handy:
- Database Details:
MyBB 1.8 can run on MySQL, SQLite and PostgreSQL. You will need the details of your database so MyBB can connect to it. Generally your web host should be able to supply you with these details.
- MySQL: You need your MySQL username, password, database name and the hostname or ip address of your MySQL server.
- SQLite: You need the path to your database.
- PostgreSQL: You need your PostgreSQL username, password, database name and the hostname or ip address of your PostgreSQL server.
- Forum Details:
This includes the name of your forums, the URL to your forums directory, the name of your website, and the URL to your website.
- Administrator Information:
During the installation process you will be required to create your initial administrator account. You will need to know which username, password, and email address you intend to use for this account
- After the installation has completed, please delete the "install" directory from server.
Note: for extra security you can CHMOD config.php back to 644, or even 444, but make sure you leave settings.php writable, as well as all the other files and folders with extra permissions.
- You can now login to the Administration Control Panel by appending /admin/ on to the URL of your forums
Congratulations, your MyBBPlus copy is now installed on your xeb server.
MyBPlus Additional Instructions : LICENSE
To use MyBBPlus, you must purchase a license.
If you can access normally the admin, you will find the forum displaying an error page "No license".
IMPORTANT: By following the link on this page to mybbplus.com to acquire your license, some fields will be pre-populated into the form.
You now have 4 options :
- 2 weeks (free)
- 1 year : 29,95$US
- 3 years : 74,95$US (-17%)
- 5 years : 109,95$US (-27%)
IMPORTANT NOTE: The license is valid for only one forum (eventually multidomain). So carefully fill if it is not already pre-filled the domain and the absolute path to the forum!
You will receive in return an e-mail containing your license code.
Then go to the admin and complete the fields in Configuration > Settings plugins > MyBBPlus (details of each field are documented) and confirm.
Your MyBBPlus forum is now is now functional.
Thanks for choosing MyBBPlus !
outlines some of the people who are (or were) have been associated with MyBB in the past.